Monday, June 20, 2016

Long, but successful day

It's been a tiring day from getting up at 6am to walk around the beautiful town of Bietigheim. But we sure didn't sound tired when we put on a great concert tonight! I think it's safe to say that everyone was a little worried about what we would sound like after not practicing for a whole week, but we always manage to sound our best. 
It felt very welcoming to be around familiar faces all day. When your host family barely speaks any English, it feels good to be able to have conversations with everyone. I personally haven't done much since arriving in Germany because of being very sick, however I have still enjoyed my stay here because I feel like I, (along with everyone else,) have really gotten closer to a lot of new people. This trip has been a great cultural experience as well as a great social experience.