Sunday, June 12, 2016

Almost There

It's almost time to go, and I can feel the excitement building as the clock is ticking down. The concert last night was wonderful but there is also a set of nervousness when we are going so far away from home. All my bags are packed so I decided to "study" for the trip by watching Star Wars Episode VII. It's hard to imagine that at this time tomorrow I will be on a plane with all of my friends and we will be off on an adventure of our very own. We may not be running from the First Order or trying to save the Republic but, like Rey and Finn, we are going to visit places we have never seen before. We are going to learn about other ways of life and we might even learn a few things about ourselves along the way. I know I will miss home while I'm gone but I am grateful to have this chance to broaden my knowledge of the world. I feel as if we are about to enter the final lap of a race. We have worked so hard as a group to get to this point and the journey we are about to embark upon is almost upon us.