Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Day One and a Half Adventures


Wow! Today was travelling adventure. We left DGN at 12ish, got to the airport, then waited in a check-in line that never seemed to end, flew through security, got on a plane, traveled 6 time zones to Ireland and landed there at 5:30 am! After a short layover we were on our way to Paris. One short plane ride later we are here. I know my body clock is all messed up, even with a nice long nap while we flew over the Atlantic. This first day was a very long one. Hopefully I become more in tune with this timezone so I can fully enjoy this amazing trip.


In other news once we got to Paris we hit the ground running. We went straight to the Notre Dame Cathedral. The beautiful architecture and stained glass windows almost made me forget I was pooped on by a pigeon! And despite the bus spontaneously breaking down a few times I  was able to enjoy how amazing this city is. All the old buildings and the windy roads made me feel like I was transported to a different time and place. I was able to feel the history rooted here, I can’t wait until tomorrow for our trip to Normandy so I can be transported through history again. But right now I just need to catch up on some needed sleep.

-Noah T.