Wednesday, June 22, 2016

GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!

I know there have been a few posts about today's fussball match with our German peers, but I figured I would give my perspective of the game as well.
We went into the pitch (soccer field) looking like we were there to win the world cup. we were hooting and hollering, Our stretching circle couldn't have looked more terrifying. Then we started warming up. We looked like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, occasionally doing something that looked right. However initial impressions aside we started the match by putting up a hard fight. Our friends in Germany had no idea what hit them. We played with the throttle all the way down, left it all on the field and i know I had a ton of fun.
Now this was my first time playing soccer/fussball, so I don't really know how I ended up on the starting line. I did have fun just running really hard and doing my best to set my teammates up for success. I have to hand it to Kevin who scored both of our goals and almost scored a third! Also a shout-out to Kelly "The Wall" for being a fantastic goal tender and doing everything she could to stop the Germans from scoring.
We may not have won this year, but my host mom said we were probably the best USA team she has seen from this exchange pregame. We are clearly doing something right and it will be awesome to watch team USA send the Germans home with the loser's cup in four years.

-Noah T.